PART TIME PRODUCTION SEWIST
(CLEVELAND - MENTOR OH)
Accessories Brand and Manufacturing Firm
Anne Cate is a Made in America accessories brand and manufacturer specializing in skyline silhouette purses and other simplistic accessories. Founded in 2016, the Anne Cate skyline collection, which now features over 100 hand-designed skylines, animates your adventures of cities around the world. Places impact people - places we visit, places we leave, and places to which we come home. To our customers, our products are more than just a purse or a pillow; they tell a story, a story that is unique to each person. At Anne Cate, we strive to craft simplistic accessories of high quality and value that hold meaning to each customer.
Alongside retailing directly on her website, Anne Cate sells in over 80 stores around the world, such as the Art Institute of Chicago and Uncommon Goods and works with corporate clients such as Hulu.
All products are completely handmade in small batches at our manufacturing studio in Cleveland, Ohio. Each product is created using ethically sourced, high-quality materials. Quality and community are most important to us.
Production sewists at Anne Cate sew and assemble our range of eco canvas and faux leather products. Our sewing team creates high quality purses and pillows by having attention to the details while operating in an efficient manner. Production sewers will work on batch sewing 50+ products at a time. Must be flexible and hours will vary per week.
Very flexible with scheduling. 1-3 days a week. No weekends or holidays.
Paid. Can be used for internship credit, as well. Must be flexible. Hours will vary from 8-24 hours/week.
- Maintain the highest level of quality during machine sewing
- Focuses on efficiency
- Develops a sense of detail for all steps of construction
- Work as a team player to effectively assemble and construct products
- Develop a comfort ability adjusting machine tension
- Supports existing systems, structure, and cleanliness of studio, while adding new systems as the team and brand grows
PREFERRED APPLICANT SKILLS:
- Sewing experience (2 years minimum). Manufacturing or production experience a plus
- Must be proficient to run and maintain all INDUSTRIAL sewing machines
- Passion for sewing
- Patience and willingness to sew for an extended period of time
- Ability to follow directions
- Energetic and excited to work with a startup
- Ability to sew multiple layers of fabric
- Ability to apply zippers and hardware
- Ability to note a proper stitch/tension and make necessary adjustments
- Ability to use a rotary cutter
- Ability to use industrial iron
Send resume and introductory email to Anne: firstname.lastname@example.org